Plan A? No A Plan.

We hoped that after a couple of nights at Dartmouth Darthaven marina we would be ready to set off towards Guernsey. We were, but the weather wasn’t. The forecast was Force 6 in the Channel, fog patches both in the channel and around the Channel Is. We do not have radar on this boat and we have a couple of weeks in which to make the crossing, we have decided to wait until the weather improves.

We’ve been coming to Dartmouth for 20 years or so and we have never been on the Paignton to Dartmouth railway. Sun 26 May 19 was the day we did. Diesel powered to Paignton; a 4 mile walk to Churston and a steam engine back.

The diesel took us to Paignton and the steam engine brought us back

The steam engine appeared to be American.

The steam engine had USA on the coal and water wagon.

We’ll be staying in Dartmouth until the weather improves sufficiently for us to have a pleasant, if long, trip to St Peter Port in Guernsey.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *