It’s taken a VERY long time but we’ve now finished the painting of the deck.
Between us, we’ve put 3 coats of Epifanes Epoxy paint, followed by 4 coats of Epifanes 2-pack Polyurethane paint. For the final coat of non-slip grit, we masked up the deck to keep the fittings clear of non-slip and we painted that today, Thu 28 Apr.
We had to remove the masking tape before the paint set, otherwise it would be so well stuck down that it would probably rip the paint away. That was easy for the coachroof as we painted that first and could remove the tape from the deck. The side decks were done last and the tape removed from a ladder!
Today we also finished “T-Cutting” the hull topsides, followed by a good polish. They look good but no different in a photo taken inside our shed. While I was polishing, several boats outside were doing the same but they had to stop in the very heavy rain/hail. The hull is ready for its antifoul and the Boss will be doing that on Sunday. She always comes down on Sunday becasue Emma Caf is open and she does cakes to die for!
I was hoping to remove the tarpaulins in the next day or so, but the swallows have come back from their winter holidays in Africa and have taken up residence. I was warned that they will decorate the boat with a very pretty line of $#1@. I had to turn up the radio to drown out their chatter. It was amusing to see them sheltering in the heavy rain in the top of the roof!
Next – Putting everything back!