We decided to spend a day at the boat on Thu, working on various bits. Mainly, it was to admire the boat with its mast. See opposite!
It was just as well that the Boss came because some of the cushions had got wet and she was able to sort them out and we took them all home to dry and get cleaned. Some of the water came from the cable channels either side of the boat which was being filled with rainwater via the windlass bolt and cable holes. A partial cure was drilling drain holes in the channel!
I fought my way through the excess cables and removed even more, mostly earth/ground cables from the old HF transceiver. The battery bay cover now fits and is back home for varnishing.
The uprights for the chart table locker are nearly complete and almost fit! Back home for a few adjustments along with the forepeak locker cover.
I started looking at the exhaust hose, with a view to replace it but it’s very well aged into the various fittings and will not be easy to remove. Next time. Louis has removed the engine seacock which has clearly leaked for several years. It will be replaced with a larger intake, but also needs new fibreglass work to strengthen it and a better backing plate. The inlet to the engine has corroded and Marc from MarineWise is getting me a new one.
The cushions gave us a bit of a struggle packing into our car but everything fitted in the end. Our old Ford Focus would have been useless! Last job was to take the old bow rollers to Tanner Engineering to replace. They should be ready next week.
The Boss did enjoy her walk along the River Dart. Apparently she did wave from opposite the wharf, but I didn’t see her. I’ve paid for that omission!